1 Chalmers Crescent
Edinburgh EH9 1TW
Charity registration no SC009066
German-speaking Congregation of Edinburgh/Aberdeen
The present-day German-speaking congregation in Edinburgh dates back to 1947. Edinburgh is now the hub for the “extended parish” of Scotland and North-east England, and the minister for the region resides here. In 1995, Edinburgh and Aberdeen joined together as one congregation but services and events are still held in both locations.
Services in Edinburgh
- Sunday 7 April 11:00
- Friday 19 April 19:00
- Good Friday Joint Service
- Sunday 21 April 11:00
- Easter Family Service (with communion)
- Sunday 5 May 11:00
- Service with communion
- Sunday 19 May 11:00
Services in Edinburgh usually take place on the 1st and 3rd Sunday of the month at 11am.
We invite all children to Sunday School during the service. For details contact the pastors.
Social with tea and biscuits after each service.
Events in Edinburgh
- Tuesday 5 February 19:30
- Open Evening: "Das Wunder des Lebens - wie Embryonen sich selbst organisieren" by Dr Thomas Theil
- Tuesday 5 March 19:30
- Open Evening: "'Worüber man nichts sagen, darüber soll man schweigen.' oder: 'Wir können nicht anders, als davon zu reden.'? Vom Problem von Gott zu reden." (Glaube und Aufklärung II) - Rev Thomas Jantzen
- Sunday 17 March 12:30
- Tuesday 9 April 19:30
- "EUropa Abend" - Evening of Encounter with a group from Germany